Family Visitor Programs was established 35 years ago to address community concerns about the lack of services available to support the families of young children in Garfield County.
- 1983: Family Visitor Programs established; with the goal to provide services for all families, giving birth, in the region.
- 1986: Family Visitor Programs became a private, not-for-profit corporation.
- 1990: Agency began providing joint services in conjunction with the Yampah Mountain High School Teen Parent Programs.
- 1999: Colorado Bright Beginnings Partner agency, offering Bright by Three and Text by Three materials, to parents from pregnancy until their child is 5 years old.
- 2003: Agency awarded Nurse-Family Partnership status by the Colorado Department of Health to provide services for 120 pregnant, first time, mothers. Began enrolling pregnant women and offering services until their child was two years old.
- 2011: Healthy Families America – Aspen to Parachute began enrolling families during pregnancy or while their child was a newborn. Services provided until their baby is three years old.
- 2011: Personal Responsibility Education Program funded by State, and Federal monies through Garfield County DHS to provide education for teens and their parents, residing in Garfield County. The goal is to provide education that prevents Teen Pregnancy and STDs. Classes are currently taught in 6th, 7th, 8th grade, and sometime in high school, using various evidence based curriculum.
- 2017: Partners for a Healthy Baby Program for parents who need a little extra support. They can choose up to five visits during pregnancy and their child’s 1st year.
Build parental confidence, reduce stress, and maximize the joys of parenting
Bright by Three
If you have a child, birth to three years old, you can sign up, for a one time visit, to receive an age appropriate kit. Call us to find out more about Bright by Text for four and five year olds.
Partners for a
Do you have questions about labor and delivery, breastfeeding, how to introduce a newborn to your other children, basic child care, child development and community services, but are too busy to enroll in other agency programs? You can receive up to five additional visits after your initial Bright by Three A visit. You choose the topics that you want to learn about, and how you want to space your visits. Services can begin during pregnancy or up to six months after your baby’s birth.
Nurse Family Partnership
If you are pregnant, having your first baby, you may choose to enroll this program provided by registered nurses. They cover all aspects of labor, delivery, breastfeeding, basic child care, and child growth and development. Visits begin in pregnancy and continue until your baby is two years old.
Aspen to Parachute
If you are pregnant or are parenting an infant, regardless how many children you have raised this program may be for you. You can enroll during your pregnancy or up to three months after the birth of your child, and receive services until they are three years old. Visits cover all aspects or parenting, child growth and development.