Healthy Families Aspen to Parachute
Healthy Families is a free and voluntary program that can help pregnant moms, expectant families and parents of newborns meet the challenges of parenting. Healthy Families is part of a national initiative to help those who are facing the greatest challenges get their children off to a happy, healthy start. It offers parents the choice of services of a longer duration. Enrollment is available prenatally or up to three months after the baby is born. Services are tailored to the family’s unique situation. They are free, confidential and voluntary.
Healthy Families Aspen to Parachute Visitors help Parents to:
- Participate in healthy prenatal care and develop a birth plan
- Learn about the care of their newborn
- Access community supports as needed
- Determine and achieve goals for better emotional, physical and financial health
- Learn about their child’s growth and development
- Develop a healthy bond with their child
- Create and maintain a safe and caring home for their family
- Utilize a positive discipline approach in their home
- Understand the importance of reading to their child
The Visitors of Healthy Families Aspen to Parachute:
- Assist families in connecting to health care providers
- Share information on children’s development, parent-child relationships, early literacy, discipline, safety and nutrition
- Provide concrete support in times of need
- Share ideas on caring for babies, toddlers, and young children
- Link families with community resources for assistance with housing, education, employment, child care, and economic assistance, etc
- Help families feel more connected to their communities
Families receive services for three years after the birth of their child. Visits occur weekly, bi-weekly or monthly, depending on the parent’s progress. Visitors provide services in the family’s home or a community location of the family’s choice. All services are available in English and Spanish.
Helping moms, expectant families and parents of newborns meet the challenges of parenting.
Bright by Three
If you have a child, birth to three years old, you can sign up, for a one time visit, to receive an age appropriate kit. Call us to find out more about Bright by Text for four and five year olds.
Partners for a
Do you have questions about labor and delivery, breastfeeding, how to introduce a newborn to your other children, basic child care, child development and community services, but are too busy to enroll in other agency programs? You can receive up to five additional visits after your initial Bright by Three A visit. You choose the topics that you want to learn about, and how you want to space your visits. Services can begin during pregnancy or up to six months after your baby’s birth.
Nurse Family Partnership
If you are pregnant, having your first baby, you may choose to enroll this program provided by registered nurses. They cover all aspects of labor, delivery, breastfeeding, basic child care, and child growth and development. Visits begin in pregnancy and continue until your baby is two years old.
Aspen to Parachute
If you are pregnant or are parenting an infant, regardless how many children you have raised this program may be for you. You can enroll during your pregnancy or up to three months after the birth of your child, and receive services until they are three years old. Visits cover all aspects or parenting, child growth and development.